Requirements for off-street deliveries
Your BOX IT can be delivered almost anywhere you can get a car. Off street deliveries include any deliveries that are on your property, for example, driveways, garages, carports etc.
Width clearance if delivering to entrance of driveway: 1.6m
Width clearance if delivering down driveway/laneway: 2.5m
Height clearance if delivering under a garage/carport: 2.3m
Time to load/unload: As long as you need!
In unrestricted parking zones (where no permit or hourly zones apply) your BOX IT can be delivered to the street directly outside your front door without the need for a council permit.
If parking outside your residence is restricted (if permit or hourly zones apply) we recommend using one of the following options:
- If just one BOX IT is being delivered, book in a wait on-site delivery (BOX IT drivers will wait onsite for up to 30 mins free of charge whilst you load or unload.
- Request a same day pick up. Your BOX IT will be delivered early in the morning (by 9am) we will collect them a few hours later, ensuring you have enough time to load/unload within the parking restrictions. Same day pickups are available for up to three BOX IT’s at any one time, within the inner suburbs (to ensure you are within this area, please speak to our friendly experts). Typically, pickups occur from 12pm onwards.
- Organise a standard/visitor vehicle permit from your local council. This is normally free of charge, but some councils may charge a fee.
If a permit is required, the steps are simple:
- Contact your local council and mention to them that you require a short-term standard temporary/visitor vehicle pass.
- Request the permit to be mailed to you or visit your local council branch to collect your permit.
- Follow the instructions of your local council that will be mailed (i.e. Attach your permit to your BOX IT)
Please arrange your permit as soon as you can as some councils may require 7 days or more to process your application. Any fines incurred as a result of not organising a permit will be passed onto the customer.